EPFO Claim status
Employees provident fund organization (EPFO) provides various services know your claim status, EPF balance, EPF withdraw through online. Now you can easy to know your EPFO claim status without visiting EPFO offices. Employees easy to track their PF claim status by using online portal. Presently, EPFO is using different technology and digitalisation to provide online services. Using this EPFO claim status easy to check PF balance, status and avoid visiting EPFO offices.
How to Know EPFO Claim Status?
EPFO Claim status: This facility provided for EPFO Members, subscribers, and pensioners who have submitted a claim in any EPFO offices across the country. Employees can find their EPFO status by using PF account number.
Easy steps to know your EPFO claim status
- Please click on the following link to find the EPFO status of employees.
- Firstly, select the EPFO office name where your claim has to settle.
- If you select the EPFO office then automatically generated region code and office code in respective boxes.
- And enter the establishment code in the third box of EPFO claim status page, which is maximum 7 digits.
- Next enter the PF account number which is also not more than 7 digits
- Finally, click on submit button to get EPFO claim status.
Tracking the EPFO claim status by using UAN
The government of India announced Universal Account Number (UAN) to facilitate provident fund (PF) number portability.UAN stands for Universal Account Number, which is a unique number, is given to every employee who contributes in EPF scheme.
The UAN number does not change with the change of jobs in various industries. By using this number you easy to transfer your EPF balance. Today every employee who deposits in to the EPF has the UAN. There is available many benefits of the UAN, So you must activate it. Activation is done through the UAN member portal.
Steps to check EPFO claim status @UAN
Employees who need to know EPFO claim status using UAN (Universal account number), they firstly login to the UAN member portal. If you login to the UAN member portal click on fallowing link www.uanmembers.epfoservices.in
Various services provided for employees/pensioners who are login into above UAN portal member portal. By using this UAN member portal to check EPFO claim status, PF balance and withdrawn information.
Check EPFO Balance
Employees provident fund organization (EPFO) provides various facilities to get EPFO balance details. It provides online services using UAN number and mobile apps for checking EPFO balance.
Steps for Know your EPFO Balance
- Firstly, click on the following link to get EPFO balance details.
- And select EPFO office and enter the PF account number.
- Finally, enter the Name and mobile number when you register in EPFO office.
- Then click on submit and get balance details.
Know your EPFO balance using SMS
- The Member has to send EPFOHO ACT, <<12 digit UAN number>>, <<22 digit Member ID>> from his mobile at 7738299899.
- Please note that there is no space before and after coma in the SMS. Once activated, the member becomes eligible to all services envisaged in UAN program such as credit alerts, passbook etc.
- This facility is especially helpful to such members who may not have easy access to computers or smartphones.
EPFO Withdrawing process
Provident Fund (PF) can be withdrawn after a period of 2 months of resignation in a company. In the case of emergency, the withdrawal can be done before this time period also. And certain withdrawal procedure stated by the Government of India as follows.
Steps for EPFO Withdrawing
- At first, the applicant is required to login to the EPF site and download Form 19.
- Fill in the complete details with the Provident Fund Account Number, Employee Code, and the Company details.
- Followed by this, the applicant is required to attach necessary documents. These may call for resignation letter, clearance letter, experience certificate and bank details in that particular company.
- After completing all the papers, the form with relevant documents is required to be submitted at EPFO(Employees Provident Fund Organization).
- On submitting the form with documents, the enquiry takes place for verification of documents.
- Finally, the balance gets transferred to the bank account after a period of 2 to 3 months.
TAX Deducted at source (TDS) for EPF Withdrawal
- TDS Applicable on employee withdrawal epf before 5 years of his employment.
- Tax applicable when employees withdraw above 50,000 rupees less than 5 years. epfo increased minimum tax-free withdrawal 30,000 to 50,000.
- NO TDS On PF transfer to another pF Account.
- TDSwill Not deducted on below 50K withdrawal if it early withdrawal below 5 years.,
- NO Taxes if pf account is older than 5 years.
- if Employee submits the 15G (below 60), 15H (above 60), then Epfo not deducts any taxes on your pf account balance.
Forgot PF Number then Ask your Employer by contacting by Mail, Phone, physical visit in case of the previous employer.
you can check epfo claim status at http://www.epfindia.gov.in/site_en/KYCS.php